NRG is not currently enrolling new customers in New York. If you have any questions, please call 1-855-674-7697.
New York Electricity Providers
- Central Hudson
- National Grid
- New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG)
- Orange & Rockland
- Rochester Gas & Electric (RG&E)
New York Natural Gas Providers
- Consolidated Edison
- Keyspan LI
- Keyspan NY
- New York State Electric and Gas (NYSEG)
- National Grid
- Orange and Rockland
Here's How Energy Choice in New York Works
Electricity Energy Choice
- Electricity is generated from a variety of sources and sold on the open market.
- NRG buys energy and adds rewards and other features you select.
- We sell that energy to you and then coordinate with your local New York utility company, which continues to provide the same delivery service without interruption.
Read more about how NRG supplies electricity for your home.
Natural Gas Energy Choice
- Generation companies produce natural gas and serve it to the market.
- Retail suppliers, like NRG, buy natural gas on the open market to meet customer demand and add unique reward benefits.
- Distribution pipelines owned and operated by your local New York utility company continue to deliver the energy and handle the billing.
Read more about how NRG supplies natural gas for your home.
NRG is a trade name of Reliant Energy Northeast LLC, deemed eligible as an electric supplier by the New York Public Service Commission (NYPSC).
We are proud to serve customers in the Empire State. Please get in touch with us for any questions or concerns you may have.
Current customers: 1-855-500-8703
Prospective customers: 1-855-388-5276
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org